(Two posts today. Please scroll down)
Maggie of Maggie's Notebook has nominated me for The Most Influential Blogger Award. There is no voting for this award, just a nod from a friend or maybe someone you don’t even know who thinks your work bears merit. Many thanks to Maggie! Visit Maggie at Maggie's Notebook.
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 7 questions decided by your nominator.
4. Nominate (no limit of nominations) other bloggers for this award and link back to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the award requirements.
Here are the questions that Maggie asked me to answer:
1. Why did you start a political blog and when?
I began blogging in 2005 when I realized the depth of the Islamic infiltration of America. At first, my focus was the Islamic Saudi Academy in Fairfax, Virginia, and CAIR.
2. Who is the one person still living that you would most like to meet and chat with?
Robert Spencer of Jihad Watch. We would talk not only about Islam but also about jazz. Mr. Spencer is a saxophonist!
3. Would you replace Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court John Roberts if given the opportunity, and if so why and replace with whom?
I would replace Chief Justice John Roberts with Mark Levin.
4. If you could visit one nation you have never visited before, what nation would that be?
Hard to limit my answer to just one nation because I've never traveled outside North America! I would love to visit England, Spain, Israel, and Egypt. Security matters would impact my decision to visit any nation in the Middle East, however.
5. What is something you would collectively change about humanity?
The level of selfishness, and I'm not referring exclusively to material greed.
6. What book has influenced your life (other than the Bible or Torah) and describe how?
The Story of My Life by Helen Keller. It's not so much Helen Keller whom I admire but rather her teacher Annie Sullivan. Annie Sullivan is my role model for teaching!
7. If you were free to live in any city/town you choose in the U.S., which would you choose and why?
Anywhere that I don't have to shovel snow or swelter in the heat — and with good medical services and high speed Internet access!
Here are my nominees (in alphabetical order and no duplication of Maggie's nominees):
Angel (Woman Honor Thyself)
The Beak (The Beak Speaks)
Conservatives On Fire (Asylum Watch)
Curmudgeon (Political Clown Parade)
Debbie (Right Truth)
FreeThinke (even though he gave up blogging in June)
Kid (Diary of a Right Wing Pussycat)
Dino Martin Peters (I Love Dino Martin because life and blogging cannot be all politics all the time)
Leticia (My Daily Trek)
Marine4Ever (I'm Not Drinking the Koolaid)
Mustang (A Montpelier View and Fix Bayonets!)
Western Hero (Silverfiddle, Finntann, et al)
Stogie (Saber Point)
Will (MFS - The Other News)
Nominees, here are your 7 questions:
1. Other than a parent or a Divinity, who -- living or not -- has most influenced your life?
2. What is your favorite movie and why? If you're not a fan of film, what is your favorite book and why?
3. If you could be any animal, what kind of animal would you like to be?
4. Whom would you nominate for President and Vice President in 2016?
5. What is your dream vacation?
6. When a new day dawns and you first access your computer on that new day, which site(s) do you visit first?
7. What is the biggest regret of your life?